A recent skincare trend in Asia is the use of BB creams and even guys use them. Korean BB cream brands make BB creams specifically designed for men. Top major cosmetic brands in Korea like Skin79, BRTC, Dr. Jart, Missha, and Etude House now carry a version of BB cream for men. It is common for Korean male celebrities to wear cosmetics to look his best in the professional world. They use BB creams mainly to protect the skin from the sun, and cover acne scars and skin discolorations to give the skin smooth, natural look.
Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Is BB Cream for Men?
Is it okay to use BB cream for men outside of Asia? BB Cream for men has recently been making its way into America and Europe. Although it’s not widely accepted within general male use, many celebrities in Western Communities use some kind of make-up including BB Cream based products. Although the use of men’s makeup is increasing in the US, there are still a lot of people who think that guys wearing any makeup are considered less masculine.
But, what about people with skin problems who don’t feel comfortable walking outside? Why not to use some make-up to conceal pimples or just improve their look?
Why do Men Need BB Cream?
- No matter what gender you are, BB cream acts as a skin moisturizer keeping the skin hydrated and supple.
- BB Cream helps conceal acne, blemishes, and uneven skin tone.
- You need to use the BB cream when you are out, as it serves as a great sun block.
- Some BB creams have anti-inflammatory and soothing properties and helps soothe some skin irritation and discomfort.
BB Cream for Men Buying Tips
- Get the right shade that matches well with your skin tone to make sure your
- BB cream looks natural.
- Look for ingredients that work for you.
- Stay away from items labeled glitter, pearly, shiny or shimmer.
- Items labeled as matte can give you a makeup look.
- Wash and moisturize your face before applying BB cream to make sure it glides on well.
- Use a pea-sized amount of BB cream to cover your whole face.
- Apply a small bit around your nose, on under eye area and cheeks. To achieve a natural and unnoticeable look, avoid areas with hair.
- Blend it into your skin until it becomes completely unnoticeable.
- To hide imperfections, add a little more cream on the affected area and gently rub the area in a circular motion to blend the cream into your skin.
- Wash it off at the end of the day with a cleanser to prevent acne breakouts and blocked pores.
Related Video – BB Cream for Men
Disclaimer: This post/site is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.